Short and Long Term Effects of Global Warming
- Climate change
- Effects of global warming are causing the temperature of the Earth to slowly rise, causing massive global changes to our natural environment.
- Rising sea level
- Effects of global warming are rapidly melting glaciers around the globe, causing a rising sea level and possibly coastal flooding and other weather problems in the future.
- Ecosystem changes
- Effects of global warming are changing certain ecosystems throughout due to temperature fluctuations. Animals and plants are being forced to adapt to this, and as a result are dying off.
- Breakdown of the Ozone layer
- Effects of global warming are creating holes in the ozone layer, primarily from human use of products that emit toxic chemicals. The ozone layer absorbs UV radiation from the sun, the holes are causing amounts of toxic chemicals present in our breathing air to increase at a rapid rate.
Click here to learn more about preventing the Effects of Global Warming.